Helping our people embrace total health
At ArcBest, our people are at the heart of our success. That’s why we’re focused on building a workplace where each employee can thrive and be their best self, both inside and outside of work. Creating this exceptional employee experience starts with great benefits and perks that allow every employee to focus on their physical, financial, developmental and emotional wellbeing. Guided by our core value of Wellness, ArcBest offers a variety of resources to help our people reach their personal goals so they can stay happy and healthy.
Get to know our wellness initiatives
Our total-body wellness initiatives champion the pillars of exercise, nutrition and preventive medicine to encourage our team to get healthy and stay healthy.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage: Get greater access to healthcare services by enrolling in the medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage (as well as retirement and voluntary plan coverages) offered for employees and their families. Then, through Castlight, access all claim information in one spot and keep track of wellness participation to earn points that can be redeemed for reduced premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Short- and long-term disability: If you need to be away from work due to a medical condition, we want you to focus on getting better instead of worrying about pay. We offer both short- and long-term disability for eligible employees to help during those times.
- Life insurance: Leave behind a strong financial foundation by planning to support your family when they need it most. Employees receive a life insurance benefit and can choose additional coverage or supplemental critical care benefits for even more security.
- Convenient healthcare: Easily see a doctor when you need one. Whether for acute or primary care or lab work, physicians are available at our employer-sponsored clinic in Fort Smith or via telemedicine 24/7/365 through Doctor On Demand®.
- Nutrition programs: Whether your wellness goals include weight loss or just better eating habits, you don’t have to make challenging changes alone. Talk to a registered dietician for support and healthy recipes through FoodSmartTM, or enroll in the 10-week mindful eating program Wondr HealthTM that helps teach clinically proven skills for weight loss.
- Tobacco Cessation: If you’re trying to quit smoking, you can get help with our free tobacco cessation app. Through it, you’ll have access to a clinically proven behavior change program, daily exercises and on-demand coaching to help with the urges to smoke.
- Support from professionals: For every health concern, you deserve the best care plan possible. Through Hines® & Associates, you can easily access registered nurses and other professionals for coaching, support or questions. With 2nd.MD©, employees and their immediate family and extended family (including parents or children not on our health plan) can discuss surgeries, diagnosis, chronic conditions and medication with a network of over 350 specialists in 129 subspecialties.
- Maternity care support: Every mother deserves strong support during her pregnancy. With our maternity management program, you connect with a specialty nurse who helps monitor and manage your health during this vital time.
- Physical therapy: If you’re feeling aches and pains, virtual physical therapy with SWORD Health pairs you with a physical therapist who will create a personalized program to treat back, joint and muscle pain. Complete the sessions from the comfort and convenience of home, so you can get treatment without travel time and waiting rooms.
- On-site fitness centers: Getting fit should be something you can easily incorporate into your daily life. Work out for free with a range of equipment at on-site fitness centers located at our Fort Smith campuses, before or after work, or on your lunch break.
Experience the peace of mind that comes with financial wellness. Whether your goals are building an emergency fund or saving for retirement, these services and supplemental programs can help you feel secure in your finances.
- ArcBest wants to help you reach your financial goals by offering a 401(k). And you don’t have to manage your own retirement portfolio. Instead, easily plan for the future you want with the help of experts who can guide you to the best savings options.
- Educational assistance and loan counseling: For those seeking degrees, funds may be available to help as you grow knowledge and skills. And grads can talk to expert independent counselors for help and refinancing of student loans through Gradifi®.
- Connect with experts for protection: There are some things that you just can’t do yourself. Personal data monitoring can be next to impossible, with so many reporting agencies to follow. IDShield® helps monitor for fraud and restore your identity, should issues arise. And if you need advice or counsel on personal legal issues, LegalShieldTM gives access to quality lawyers, so you don’t have to navigate legal concerns on your own.
- Discounts and perks: Who doesn’t love saving money? We’ve partnered with many companies to provide discounts on fitness center membership, cell phones, recreation, tires, technology and more.
- Flexible Spending accounts: Expenses like healthcare and day care can add up, so it’s important to cut costs anywhere you can. Save money on your healthcare or day care expenses by setting aside tax-free money for out-of-pocket payments.
- Employee referral incentives: It pays to know good people. If you refer a candidate who gets hired, you get a referral award (after their first 30 days) — $750 for full-time employees, and $250 for part-time.
Through our core value Growth, we invest in our people through ongoing learning and development. The more you know, the better equipped you are to do your job. And with the help of our trainings, you can explore different areas of interest and accelerate your career.
- Opportunities to grow knowledge and skills: If there’s an area that interests you or a skillset you’d like to grow, you don’t have to look far for training opportunities. There are many ways to grow and development including in-person and virtual continuous learning, on-demand content, and instructor-led trainings on everything from emotional intelligence to Microsoft Excel.
- Leadership development: We want to equip future leaders across the company and make sure they have the skills necessary to lead confidently. We offer leadership programs across all career stages from aspiring leaders to executive training.
- Regularly scheduled coaching and career conversations: It’s important to get feedback on your performance, so you know where to focus your development. Our leaders are equipped with the tools and resources to have annual career conversations and reviews that inform performance coaching plans.
- Goal and development planning: Connecting what you do with our organizational goals and long-term strategy helps lead to great outcomes. Every employee is encouraged to establish goals that align with business results and a development plan that helps you grow personally and professionally.
- Employee feedback: What you have to say matters to us at every level. Individually, we invite every employee to provide confidential feedback in an annual survey. Then we form focus groups and engagement committees to help bring change to life.
Emotional and social
Strong connections can help you feel more supported, happier and engaged at work. In the spirit of our core value Collaboration, these policies and service support your mental health and encourage positive relationships between employees and work.
- Take time off: Be where you need to be during various life situations with our supportive policies:
- Vacation time — Take time to rest and relax with paid vacation available from initial hire date. After a break, you’ll come back rejuvenated and reenergized.
- Company holidays — Step away from work with nine paid holidays throughout the year, allowing you to spend those important days with your loved ones.
- Bereavement leave — When you lose a family member, we want you to have the time you need to make arrangements and grieve without having to use vacation or personal days.
- Sick leave — Take a break when you don’t feel well, or use sick leave for preventative appointments, diagnosis, care and treatment for yourself or immediate family members.
- Parental leave — Bond with your child after birth or adoption with paid parental leave, so you can focus on your family when it matters most.
- Wellness holiday — Get rewarded for your health efforts. Once you complete the wellness requirements for reduced premiums and deductibles, you earn a bonus day off to use however you’d like.
- Remote and hybrid work options: Flexibility can help decrease stress and commute times, allowing for a better work-life balance. We offer remote work options on a full-time, part-time or occasional basis for many of our roles.
- Virtual behavioral health support: If you’ve found it difficult or expensive to schedule in-person appointments with a therapist, we make it easy to schedule virtual appointments with a psychologist or psychiatrist through the Doctor On Demand website or app. You can also do free sessions with a life skills coach 24/7.
*As a result of the national health emergency due to COVID-19, we have waived all Doctor On Demand copays throughout 2022.
- Company 5k: Doing something for others feels good. And if you’re competitive, so does winning. Participating in our annual 5k is a great way to give back to the community, as registration fees and proceeds are donated to several charities. And whether you walk or run to the finish line, the race is always exciting.
- Wellness sweepstakes: It pays to be healthy. Any points earned on your wellness plan after completing the requirements can be redeemed for gift cards, donations or entries into sweepstakes to win big prizes.
- Volunteer opportunities: Get to know your coworkers outside of the office as you make a difference in our communities. ArcBest volunteers participate in many initiatives and events including the United Way Day of Caring where they help organizations across the area with service projects.
Interested in joining our team?
Beyond these benefits, ArcBest also offers a unique company culture, leadership development and the resources you need to do your best work to search for a job and be notified of new postings across the organization.
Benefits and compensation packages vary based on position and are subject to change. If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.